Written by Semira Tesfai
The secret that will form habits that transform our lives in just 30 days.
I’m sure many of you have heard “the early bird catches the fish”.
Hal Elrod in his inspirational book, “the Miracle Morning”, explains exactly how you can add great value in your life before 8:00 am, which will outline for you the exact steps that you can take to transform your life.
Voluntarily waking up at 4:00 am when we don’t have to may seem ridiculous to some and you will get that reaction from people when you tell them that you are. However, there is so much you can do without distractions. Since it may be daunting to try to wake up so early, here are some steps you can take to increase your waking motivation level:
Step 1: Set Your Intentions Before Bed
- You can do this through affirmations, praying or meditating the night before. Visualize what you want to accomplish by waking up so early. This will energize you and will be an impetus for a productive day.
Step 2: Move Your Alarm Clock Across the Room
- You will be less likely to hit the snooze button by moving away the alarm and you will be forced to get out of the bed. I tend to use my iPad as it has a bright light that lights up the room as the alarm goes off. I also try to jump from my bed as quickly as possible so that I do not give time for any thought that would push me to want to continue sleeping.
Step 3: Brush Your Teeth
- I find that the smell from the toothpaste and soap to wash my face gets me alert. Elrod calls this the mindless activity that gets your wake-up motivation from a level 1 to a level 4.
Step 4: Drink a Full Glass of Water
- This helps to hydrate your body after 6-8 hours of sleep. By hydrating your body, you will stop yourself from feeling fatigued. Try drinking some water whenever you feel tired through the day and you will feel the difference.
Step 5: Get Dressed in Your Workout Clothes
- Even if you are not used to working out, go on YouTube and find ways to help you break a sweat. There are many health benefits to exercising, but by doing morning exercise you maximize your potential, as it puts you into a peak mental, physical and emotional state.
Robin Sharma from the bestselling book The Rhythm of Life, once said, “An extraordinary life is all about daily, continuous improvements in the areas that matter most.”
“An extraordinary life is all about daily, continuous improvements in the areas that matter most.” R Sharma Click To Tweet
Here are six practices Elrod guaranteed to save you from life of unfulfilled potential. They are called the Life S.A.V.E.R.S. which only take 60 minutes to complete.
Silence (5 minutes) – most of us are familiar with the benefits of meditation. If you are a beginner, you can find instructional videos on Youtube.
Affirmations (5 minutes) – remind yourself that you have what it takes to succeed (the Power of positive thinking)
Visualization (5 minutes) – visualize success (whatever success means to you).
Exercise (20 minutes) – find a 20-minute workout routine that works for you and change it occasionally. This will get your blood flowing early in the morning.
Reading (20 minutes) – read self-help books or things you have always wanted to learn. You will be amazed on how much you can absorb even in such a short period if it is done consistently.
Scribing (5 minutes) – create a gratitude journal
I put forth to you a 30-Day Life Transformation Challenge. YOU CAN DO THIS!
- Get the Miracle Morning 30-Day LTC Fast Start Kit
- Plan Your First Miracle Morning for Tomorrow
- Read Page 1 of the Fast Start Kit and Do the Exercises
- Get an Accountability Partner (Recommended)
- For the first few mornings, it may be challenging to wake up early, but you will soon get the hang of it and it will become a habit
Are You Ready to Take Your Life to The Next Level?
Try it and please share if these practices work for you!
Photo Credits: pixabay.ca