1. Is Black Female Accountants Network (BFAN Network) open to men also becoming members?
BFAN is a Christian ‘women only’ network, with a focus is on the black female accountant experience, which the members know and understand. To see our activity and online posts, men are welcome to follow us and like our Facebook page, follow us on Linkedin, Twitter and Instagram. Our social media handle is @bfannetwork.
2. I am an experienced finance and accounting professional and I do not hold an accounting designation. Am I eligible to join?
Any female finance and accounting professional, college or university student of Black African / Caribbean origin, from one or both parents, who meets the membership criteria, is eligible to join.
3. I am currently living and working in Africa / the Caribbean, Am I able to join BFAN?
Whilst BFAN membership is open to ladies living and working in the “African and Caribbean Diaspora”, sisters living and working in Africa and the Caribbean are welcome to follow us, like us and follow our page. You can also follow our blog.
9. Is BFAN Network another governing body that we have to register with?
BFAN Network is a volunteer network, based on members helping each other, working together, empowering each other to make a difference. It is not a governing body like CPA Canada, CPA Ontario, CIMA Canada or ACCA Canada. It is a network created to meet the professional development needs and interests of other black female accountants or students. Many of our members are however registered members of these governing bodies.
10. Can I join this network even if I am not an accounting student?
BFAN Network is created specifically to connect black females in the accounting profession. If you are an accountant or in the process of becoming one then this is a network that you can join. The specific nature of the network makes it necessary for you to be in the profession. You can still subscribe to our newsletter and come to our general open events.
11. I am planning to apply to emigrate to Canada. Can BFAN provide sponsorship support for immigration applications?
Sponsoring immigration applications for any part of the world is outside the scope of BFAN’s activities.